Photo: With Dr. Sreerama, Director of Dept of Public Works of Houston & Mr. Weatherford, Deputy Director
Referred Journal Article
1) An, B., Levy, M. and Hero, R. 2018. “It's Not Just Welfare: Racial Inequality and the Local Provision of Public Goods in the United States.” Urban Affairs Review (forthcoming). [Article available here]
2) Thom, M. and An, B. 2017. “Fade to Black? Exploring Policy Termination through the Rise and Fall of State Tax Incentives for the Motion Picture Industry.” American Politics Research (45)1: 85-108. [Article available here]
Articles Under Review
3) An, B., and Bostic, R. “What Determines Where Public Goods Funding Goes? Regional Governance and the Role of Institutional Rules and Power.” (Under Review at Journal of Policy Analysis and Management) [Paper available here]
4) An, B., Bostic, R., Jakabovics, A., Orlando, A., and Rodnyansky, S. “Why are Small and Medium Multifamily Housing So Affordable?” (Under Review at Real Estate Economics) [Paper available here]
5) An, B.“Do Local Communities Benefit from Community-Control Governance? Evidence from Special District Formations and Housing Prices.” [Paper available here]
6) “When Do Cities Participate and Use Their Local Funds in Intergovernmental Collaboration?” with Richard Feiock and Raphael Bostic. (Presented at 2018 Southern Political Science Association) [Draft available here]
7) "The Neighborhood Effects of Mixed Income Housing Development." with Raphael Bostic, Andrew Jakabovics, Richard Voith, Sean Zielenbach, Daniel Miles, Anthony Orlando, and Seva Rodnyansky. (In the stage of manuscript being revised; presented at 2017 Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management) [Draft available here]
Work in Progress
8) "Collaborative Governance in Regional Planning Organizations: How and When Does It Work? Qualitative Insights Directly from Policy Makers." with Raphael Bostic.
9) “Collaborative Governance and Public Value Creation: Two Cases of Groundwater Basin Management in Southern California.” with Shui-Yan Tang.
10) "Racial Inequality and Public Opinion on Taxation." with Benjamin Newman and Morris Levy.
11) "An Analysis of Government Subsidies to the Public Transit Authorities in the United States" with Michael Thom.
12) "Intra-metropolitan Policy Diffusion Study: Climate Change Action in Greater Los Angeles Area." with Adam Butz and Joshua Mitchell.
13) "The Legacy of Redlining: Housing Segregation of Small and Medium Multi-Family Markets." with Anthony Orlando and Seva Rodnyansky.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.